Occupation Profiles (NOCS)
The following is a listing of Occupations of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, as well as finding employment in Wood Buffalo.
To use the Occupation Directory, follow these directions:
Use one of the following search methods:
1. Quick Search – type in one of the following:
a. By job title (for example, dentist)
b. By part of the word (for example, develop for developer)
c. Other job title you know it by (for example, retail merchandiser)
2. By occupation Category
Search a job title from the list of categories provided in each Industry
When searching the occupations, each profile will give you detailed information on the occupation, including:
- A description of the occupation with common duties expected of the position
- Occupation prospects (whether demand is above average, below average or neutral for growth between 2016 – 2020)
- Average wage and salary for the position
- Required skill level, education, and training
- Types of character skills needed to carry out the workload
Where we get our information
The occupation descriptions you get back are based on information provided by the provincial government using the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system. Each profile will have a respective link to the OCCinfo profile on the Alberta government website.
The Alberta Learning Information Service website is full of useful information and sources that will help you make the best decision when searching careers.